First off, let me just apologise for my absence…it’s been what five months or something? Gosh I didn’t think it had been that long…
I’ve just been working on other things and am still putting the finishing touches to the novel I wrote for NANOWRIMO…
I just want to say thanks to you all for sticking around and to new subscribers who despite my lack of posting have decided to come along for the ride anyways… So cheers everyone!
Right so for a while I’ve been helping with ‘The Young Writer’s of Earth’ which is a site where you can send in your short stories and poetry to:
Well they are having their first ever short story competition and it’s my job to spread the word…
‘Calling ALL writers ages 18-30! Join Young Writers of Earth’s first Worldwide Flash Fiction Writing Competition and get a chance to win the following:
First prize: $50 + publication of winning entry and a feature article about the writer both on Young Writers of Earth website and annual anthology (e-book)
Runners-up: Publication of winning entry on Young Writers of Earth website and annual anthology
No theme required!
Before submitting your entries, please read the Rules of the Competition.’
Here are the rules:
1) There shall be a maximum of two entries per participant. Participants who are submitting two entries must include both entries in one email.
2) All entries shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject head “FLASH FICTION ENTRY.”
3) The document must either be (1) contained in the body of the email or (2) attached and saved in a doc. or docx. format. Entries saved in other formats (e.g. rtf, pdf, etc.) will automatically be disqualified.
4) The participant shall disclose his/her name, age, and country either in the body of the email or in the attached file. No disqualifications with regard to location.
5) No minimum number of words required but shall not be more than 1000.
6) The entry shall be written in the English language.
7) There is no prescribed theme or genre. However, materials with radically foul language shall not be considered.
8) All participants must have a valid e-mail address. Only one email address shall be used for the competition. It will be the only means we will contact the participants. If the participant’s entry wins, and for any reason he/she fails to respond to our notification within ONE WEEK after notice, we shall have the discretion to pick another winner or retain the original winning participant with forfeiture of cash prize.
9) Submission of entries shall mean giving us the right to publish the same on our website in case they shall be shortlisted.
10) Once the entry is submitted, no revisions shall be allowed. However, the participant shall have the right to withdraw his/her entry any time BEFORE it shall have been shortlisted. The participant agrees that once his/her entry is on the shortlist, no withdrawal may be allowed.
11) Previously published materials may be submitted as long as the participants own them/retain copyrights over them.
12) A shortlist of the poems, to be determined by the Young Writers of Earth’s editors, will ALL be featured on Young Writers of Earth’s website and annual anthology. They will all be considered runners-up.
13) Only the shortlist of entries, in anonymous versions, will be forwarded to published author Valerie Byron – the main judge of the competition.
14) The judge’s decision is final.
15) Participants may start submitting their entries starting now. The deadline of submissions is yet to be finalized. However, we reserve the right to close or cancel the writing competition at any time at our discretion.
16) Young Writers of Earth shall not be responsible for the failure of the participant to read and understand these rules.
I hope you decide to enter.
You shall be hearing me from me very soon I promise!
Bye for now…